Will you join us?

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Dessert at Cab Cafe

I was craving for CAKE this past week, and it so happened that Cab Cafe was just across Thaidara were i ate my dinner last saturday. One thing for sure with Cab Cafe is it's cheaper than any other dessert restaurant / bar but it has great quality. 

After my dinner at Thaidara, I went to their cafe, and ordered from the counter were all the cakes are on display. I was hesitant to take a photo of the cake display since there were a lot of people eating inside. 

I ordered the most tasty looking cake there is so here they are:



Pistachio Dacquoise. It's a nice pistachio cake, very soft, and but it's a little too sweet for me which it's hard to finish because of the sweetness so i just ate 1/4 of the cake and took it home.


Pavolva. This mango-torte type of cake is nice and sweetness is just right. I love that the mangoes are not sour because it's not mango season rather it's sweet and soft. 


Strawberry Shortcake. I love the combination of the chiffon, cream and mouse layer of this cake. it's not so sweet, and not sour either. The strawberry was sweet and really hits the spot. 



 Bottom line, Cab Cafe is a nice dessert - italian - coffee restaurant but It's desserts are not that really blockbuster type or cakes that you will be craving for. It's ok but cakes at Almon Marina, Conti's, Caramia are far off better. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment