Will you join us?

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Lunch at Chef's Quarter

It was mid-year sale at SM Megamall and i go nuts about it! from payless to marks n spencer to daniel hechter. I was drooling. I'll post some of the items i bought.

I was so tired upon shopping because of that mid year sale, so i decided to have lunch at this restaurant that I haven't eaten yet. 

Lunch at Chef's Quarter.

Price: 200-500

The restaurant has that italian-spanish fine dining ambiance. Also, they have many alcoholic beverages that you can choose from. I was a little bit uneasy at that time because i was watching the time since i have to go back to my house to drop my things and change clothes. 









Ortigas view.


Margarita: I ordered this because it's my ritual to drink a glass of alcohol every lunch time but i suddenly forgot that I'm on medication, and margarita has rock salt on the tip of the glass so a big no no! so so sad. The drink was hard to finish, It has a shaved snow ice margarita which i can't consume. I'm a light drinker. So i asked the waitress to take the margarita away. The waitress then come back and asked if there are any problem with the drink I said no, since I forgot that I'm not allowed to drink. I was very apologetic because i might offend the one who prepared the drink. By the way, i drank 1/4 of the glass and it's hard to consume their margarita. 


Creamy mushroom and chicken soup. The soup was different from any other restaurants. The chicken and the mushroom is already mixed. I think the chicken and the mushroom and the cream got all blended at once.  But the soup and the bread was fantastic. it was very delicious. 



Bread


Peppered Steak French-style. I requested the waitress that the steak should be made medium done. I hate steaks that are under cooked or still pinkish on the inside. The meat was so so tasty, soft, and very tender. i can't get over the taste of that darn steak. the sauce was a little bit salty which is a big no no for me, but i matched it with the mashed potato since salt is not allowed. The mashed potato was very very creamy and soft. 


Tiramisu. it was odd. the white part on top was very weird. The taste is quite hard to explain. But the taste i got was, salty like but creamy. I wasn't pleased at all with the desert. It was very odd. 



No comments:

Post a Comment