Will you join us?

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Yamato Bakery's Cronuts + PNoy + NAIA T3

All Saints day and All Souls day (Nov. 1 and Nov. 2 respectively) are days that  people fluctuate to different terminals to go back to their respective province and greatly commemorate the dead relatives.

Greatly commemorate. It's because here in PH where relatives sleep overnight at the cemetery, you can hardly cross the other side of the cemetery due to volume of people. It is also the time where relatives have their family reunion and of course prepare food.


My Dad and I agreed to meet at my office around 1:00 pm to go to NAIA T3 to catch a 5pm flight. Traffic in Manila is the worst! We left Makati at around 1:30 and drive along EDSA where we find ourselves stuck in traffic. I was calm at that time because we had a lot of time to spare, I slept at the car all the way trough the traffic. I woke up 3:30pm only to find out that our car is not allowed to enter since parking is full and my dad (diabetic, impatient , and maliglaig) is going hyper, I told him that I'll walk and proceed to check-in our bags and he just wait for a few minutes so he can enter the parking lot.

Thank God he was able to get a parking slot (park n fly). Luckily, increase in parking fee is not yet in effect at that time (Read this: Worlds worst airport strikes again one thousand peso parking tickets at NAIA)

I told  my dad the new rate scheme and both of us agreed to just take the cab going to NAIA on feb 2014 going to Hong Kong. I don't mind since our house is a 20 min. ride going to the airport via C5 and our departure time is at 5am, so no worries.


Amazingly, there's no queue of line (Dec. 31  is our departure date. We didn't want to travel on Nov 1 with the exodus of people) at the check-in counters and check-in of bags is done within 10 min. Thank you web-check in. 


As I passed trough the final security, I realized that it only took me 15 min from baggage check-in to final security. No more manual check-in and terminal fee payment. Check in time is cut by half, saved some time for coffee and plane spotting. 


I was ecstatic to have rows of chair for myself.


Then I saw a commotion. I hurriedly went to Cafe France and left my bag to my dad.


Dept. of Transportation and Communication Sec. Jun Abaya ( I'm not thrilled to see him because I find him too inefficient to become a transportation secretary. A transportation secretary should be firm and work fast, transportation is a big contributor to the economy, and the DOTC took a lot of months just to bid out the renovation of Mactan-Cebu International airport) 


President Noynoy Aquino.


Wide! 50% of the travelling people I saw was foreigners.






In our lifetime, please make this work.


PAL Express



Cebu Pacific's A330


Yamato Bakery's yummy strawberry danish.


First time I see this plane and started shooting! so nice.


Of course our flight got delayed for 30 min due to runway congestion and cargo loading (what else is new?)



We met our relatives at Bob's restaurant (A must try in Bacolod) for dinner and I ordered batchoy. Can't eat heavy due the tiring flight.


Cronut!! (Green Tea, Strawberry, Chocolate, Vanilla) Yummy! the croissant wasn't flaky! it was crispy and yet soft but firm! the filing is delicious and satisfactory. My uncles, aunties, and cousins loved it.


More pastries! chocolate croissant, blueberry danish, and cinnamon roll.


Burger roll, Croissant, Strawberry danish, and pork floss.


Pork floss = Heaven on earth. The bread was so soft, the floss is so tasty, and the mayo filling is still a little hot! yummy!



yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment