Will you join us?

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Lunch at Florabel


 

Uneventful day for me. It's 8 am and the cab I was riding bumped to a jeepney and it was shocking terrifying. It's the first time that I experience such accident. After that I was nervous and shaking, it kinda ruined my day.


I heard a loud bang! scary but thankfully nothing serious.


Fast forward to lunch time. I was in podium, ortigas to look for a place to eat when I walk across Florabel and I got curios. I must say their menu is appetizing and very unique.


not a living soul was dining here,only me.


A special dip that I don't like. It's weird, salty and too oily.





Tuna Salad (P450) I so enjoyed this salad that I alone managed to finish all this. 


Spicy tuna tartare w/ crunchy tempura and pomelo. The pomelo and leaves were okay nothing special. I'm just glad that the pomelo was sweet. The tuna was fresh and sooo yummy. The spicy flavor did not overpower the tuna. I love that they did not put too much mayonnaise so as the tuna texture and flavor is still in-tucked.


Sashimi w/ sesame seed and black pepper. The texture was one of the nicest I've eaten for sashimi dish. It was so fresh that I chew the meat slowly just to savor the moment. It was heavenly and soft.


Braised Beef Shortribs (P725) The beef was soft and tender, the juicy beef excretes its flavor naturally. You'll love how this is cooked perfectly and so delicious! The only thing is that it was too sweet given that the dish comes with a fruit (I don't know if it is a fruit or a vegetable, I didn't bother to ask the waiter) 


Foie Gras. It was disappointing that the foie gras didn't taste good and not cooked well. fail. 


The salty taste was not a problem since the mashed potato neutralizes the intensity of the beef. The mashed potato was soft and very thick that also able to finish the potatoes.  


Verdict: Florabel is a nice restaurant but quite ordinary actually. Most of the food in the menu can be seen somewhere and frankly a little expensive for it's quantity and quality


Website

G/F Unit 108 The Podium, 18 ADB Ave
Wack Wack, Mandaluyong
(02) 638-7527

No comments:

Post a Comment