Will you join us?

Saturday, September 7, 2013

New Bombay Authentic Indian Cuisine / India Inspiration

Ever since I was in college, I really wanted to go to India because of it's very rich culture and very yummy local dishes. I'm so envious with my cousin who happen had a chance to tour around India. 



Photo c/o my cousin Ana


Photo c/o my cousin Ana


Photo c/o my cousin Ana


Photo c/o my cousin Ana




Ms. Universe 1999 (Sushmita Sen)


Madhuri Dixit (Choli ke Peeche)




Younger Neena Gupta



Urmila Matondka




Award Winning Alka Yagnik


Nine Mudras in Indira Gandhi Aiport



I was so skeptical to try indian food because of so many reasons but today I faced my fears and went to New Bombay at The Podium Mall. I registered as vip member at Munch Punch's website for 30% discount to avail New Bombay's Promo but when I showed the waitress the text code she's clueless about it and so as the other waitress.


Menu



The tables gave me that indian atmosphere but the interior inside the restaurant was boring. The waitress that was assigned to my table was bored and didn't smile at all, it seems she's uninterested in doing her job. 



Peshwari Naan (P120-P150) (Coconut Powder, Cheese, and Coriander Leaves). The bread was fresh and very tasty a little sweet though but it was soft and very very delight to eat.


Mutton Rogan Josh (P265) . An aromatic gourmet curry dish popular in India, its unique style of cooking and the perfect blend of spices. Garnished with nuts. This dish was the highlight of my lunch, it was sooo yummy! it was something new for my taste buds. I love the flavore of the curry, indian spices, and everything that comes with it. It's best with Peshwari Naan.


Biryani with Chicken Tikka (P245 / P265). The rice was absolutely perfect and Soft, it comes with chicken tikka which by the way delicious and soft. The taste was mild but delicious and the mutton is an absolute partner for this rice dish. The rice have that curry like and indian spices taste.


My wonderful lunch


Gulabjamun (P125) Made of low fat powdered milk made into balls, fried in oil  and served in sweet syrup and warm. 


Too sweet! I only ate 1 1/2 balls out of four of it. You'll have diabetes when you are able to finish this sugarish dessert.


1 comment:

  1. Hi John,

    First of all, thanks for trying out your VIP membership. We're sorry for any inconvenience at the time when you tried to use it at New Bombay. We never had any 30% off for them though, so we think that's the reason why the waitress doesn't have any idea about it. They offer free appetizers, drinks, etc. at different days to the members - as they do until now.

    Give your VIP membership another shot. :)

    The Munchpunch Team
    http://www.munchpunch.com

    ReplyDelete