Will you join us?

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Home-Made Gourmet Pancakes

I loooove pancakes!! 

I remember when I was younger, I had the best Mango Pancakes ever!! (English Bakery, Boracay) and at that moment I start to explore to try every pancakes in every restaurants out there.

Saturday: Rest day and bored. I have a knack for cooking experiment. 

Budget: P30 / $.60

Today I made 2 pancakes



You could just raid your pantry and make pancakes out of what you have.

In my pantry I have

1 egg
1 bottle of strawberry jam
1 Organic chocolate tablets
1 Marshmallow creme
1 cup of milk
Banana
Butter
1 Small Pancake mix (Only thing I bought, everything is in my pantry)








1) Mix the egg w/ the pancake mix and milk.






2) Mix everything until the pancake is fully mixed. Don't put too much milk because it won't be fluffy and thick. I like my pancakes fluffy and thick.



Banana's 


Organic Chocolate Tablets


Heat 1/2 cup of water and 1 tablet of chocolate until it dissolves


Mix the melted chocolate syrup with the pancake batter. Reserve a little chocolate syrup for later.


Melt the butter in the pan


Fry the non-chocolate pancake butter then Garnish!

You don't need to pay much for gourmet pancakes, You just need to be creative and read the recipes in the Internet. =)


Chocolate - Marshmallow Creme Pancake. Spread the marshmallow creme every pancake layer, add some chocolate syrup then add bananas in every layer or very other layer (depending on your choice) then put some bananas on top and chocolate syrup.


Strawberry - marshmallow creme pancake. Spread marshmallow creme in every layer, add strawberry jam in every layer (not too much since it's too sweet), then add strawberries on top.


Finish Product!

No comments:

Post a Comment