Will you join us?

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Breakfast at The Peninsula, Manila

It's Father's Day!

I've stayed to a lot of hotels, and nothing beats The Peninsula, Manila. 

from gorgeous room hotels, to gym and spa facilities, to food. I'm saddened by the Coup d'Etat  that the hotel went trough few years back, then the hotel did a major face lift with their rooms, gym, spa, and their restaurant. 

A picture of the room:


A Filipino-Spanish interior (newly renovated very spaciousrooms)


Buffet Breakfast!

I love how they re-invent the old Nielsen Restaurant and Re-branded it to Escolta. Manila Peninsula now feature Filipino-Spanish era interiors on rooms, and restaurants. 

 
Scrambled Eggs, Corned Beef (Filipino Style), Chicken Sausage, Small Roasted Potatoes, Bacon, and Roasted Pork w/ Honey. Obviously, food in a 5 star hotel is very sumptuous, meat is tender and juicy, and very flavorful.



Pork Siomai, Asado Siopao, Donut, Apple Turnover (I'm disappointed with myself that I haven't tasted their congee - looks promising)


Bircher Muesli. I'm such a fanatic of this dish! although theirs is a little bit bland but after adding sugar, it was heavenly.  


Pastries. You can never go wrong with their wide selection of breads. I never got a chance to taste all of the mouthwatering breakfast foods which includes: pancakes, cereals, japanese dishes, and some of the fruits. but that's alright, i can go back anytime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment