Will you join us?

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Dinner at Kanin Club (Re-Visit) / Dessert at Cab Cafe (Re-Visit)

We were suppose to eat at a new restaurant around Kapitolyo but my cousin wants to eat Filipino Food since she will migrate to the states and surely she will miss our local dish. Sometimes, Filipino Food doesn't surprise me anymore since my mom cooks this kind of dishes all the time but I'm glad many restaurants like 1521, Cafe Juanita, Sentro, etc. revolutionized Filipino dishes and put some modern twists in it.



Sinigang na Hipon. This Sour Shrimp dish with vegetables will surely invigorate your taste buds. The Sour taste, the fresh shrimp, and the crisp vegetables are all a wonderful combination for those people who love Soup.


Seafood Kare-Kare. This dish is hard to cook! My mom doesn't know how and doesn't want to learn since it's very complex. The peanut sauce is really really yummy! I did try to cook kare-kare but my patience in cooking ran out. =)


Crispy Pata / Deep Fried Pork Knuckles. It may look foreign or disgusting to others but I tell you, when you taste this, it's soooooooo yummy! It's also good to partner with beer. 





Crispy Dinuguan. This dish is cooked in pig's blood. The pork meat and liver are cooked deed fried. Few people don't eat this due to it's texture and presentation but this dish is among the favorite dish of many Filipinos especially if it is partnered with Puto (Rice cake)  


Cab Cafe

Been here many times, and I find it cute that the cafe find time to decorate their cake with valentines day theme even if i have no plans on that day! I love their cakes. It's yummy and cheap.



Heavy Turtle Chocolate Cake. Heavy as it looks like and taste like. so so good!




Carrot / Apple Cake. I'm not crazy about this cake since carrot and apple is not a good combination for me. I don't like the texture and sweetness of the cake. I didn't finish the cake since it's too heavy and sweet for my tummy.




No comments:

Post a Comment