Will you join us?

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Lunch at Dong-Won Garden (Re-Visit)

I really like Korean Food, not only it is so delicious and close to my liking. Korean Food is something new in the Philippines unlike Italian, American, Spanish, etc. 

What I like about Dong Won is it's authenticity, and it's great tasting food. My friends were suppose to eat at Army Navy but the restaurant was so jam packed and the line to the counter will take us forever. 


By the way, I'm using my Pentax X-5 to take the pictures and apparently the pictures look awesome! 

Also, all the appetizers were free! so we were munching our lives out. 


Plating


Something like kimchi but it's not red and just a little spicy.


Kimchi!!! =)


Appetizer


Appetizer (Corn, Cucumber, and Apple)






Appetizer (Squid that taste a little sweet and a little salty)


Appetizer


Appetizer


Appetizer


Appetizer (Spicy raddish like texture)


The mega perfect white rice =)


Appetizers



Friends


Korean Beef Stew. This dish is just to die for! It's sweet and yet very very yummy. I like that it's hot and the meat is so soft and tender. It's so good together with rice. The soup is so savory. 



Korean Chicken Barbecue. What I like about this dish is that it is not spicy and the meat is soft. Some restaurants cook their chicken too soft or too hard. The tender chicken is sooooo yuumy. This was the highlight of my lunch. I love the sweetness, the grill, and the flavor of this chicken dish.


This pancake like dish is absolutely heavenly! It has squid on it, some vegetables, and other ingredients. I like the 2 flavorful sauce of it which comes in sweet or salty. 


Spicy Pork Dish. This very very spicy dish is delicious but my tongue is incapable of eating too much. So what I did is to wrap the pork strips with the lettuce-like vegetable to minimize the spicy flavor. Even if it is spicy, you can still taste the flavor and savory of the pork.


Aftermath.


Dong Won Garden is a blockbuster restaurant so if your looking for authentic and reasonable korean restaurant, then Dong Won should be on your list.


No comments:

Post a Comment